For our ATC/P&C Technical Support Department in Stuttgart, we are looking for a Product Specialist - Advanced Sensors & Components (f/m).
Omron Europe Industrial Automation is part of Omron Corporation, a global leader in the field of industrial automation and components and has more than 37,000 employees in 36 countries. Omron provides a variety of advanced products and solutions including PLCs, Motion & Drives, Sensors & Safety, Vision Systems and Industrial Components. The European division has its development and manufacturing facilities. Local customer support is provided in all European countries.
For our ATC/P&C Technical Support Department in Stuttgart, we are looking for a
Product Specialist - Advanced Sensors & Components (f/m).
Purpose of the role
The Product Specialist is the company expert on the technical aspects of the designated product offerings.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance at applications of advanced measurement sensors & components;
- Support and advise the sales force at highest demanding applications by product data & evaluation, testing & validation of product functionality;
- Contribute to an effective and timely solution of product-related issues;
- Create and perform technical training to sales and target customers. Enhance knowledge of local Field Sales Engineers, Field Application Engineers, and Product Specialist;
- Support product launches by product demonstration and hands-on training;
- Create concepts for demo equipment;
- Contribute to the innovation process for next product development by using your expertise in product and application technology;
- Write and communicate product and feature specifications for new product development based on customer needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Engineering or a related field plus experience in engineering of electrical machinery or a relevant technical support role;
- The candidate should have experience in Industrial Automation and have some understanding of Industrial Sensors & Components;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, including written, verbal, and presentation. Must be able to interact inter-departmentally professionally;
- Be self-motivated, capable of managing time well and work efficiently without close supervision;
- Fluent English skills, verbal and written; proficiency in German is beneficial
- Enjoy teamwork in an international environment; can travel to varying locations around Europe;
- Valid Driving license.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, including your resume and cover letter. We will only consider the application through our website.